Moving to a new country can be an exciting and daunting experience at the same time. There is so much to think about and prepare for, from finding a place to live to setting up your finances to getting your children enrolled in school. ExpatHaus is here to help you with every step of your relocation to Georgia, from the moment you start planning until you are settled in your new home.
This guide provides a comprehensive checklist for expats moving to Georgia, emphasizing the services ExpatHaus offers at each stage of the relocation process.
- Research Georgia: Learn as much as you can about Georgia, its culture, and its economy. This will help you make informed decisions about your relocation and adjust to your new life more easily. ExpatHaus can provide you with a wealth of information about Georgia, including its history, culture, geography, and economy.
- Get your visa: Most expats will need to obtain a visa to live and work in Georgia. The visa requirements vary depending on your nationality, so be sure to research the process well in advance of your move. ExpatHaus can help you apply for a visa and navigate the Georgian visa bureaucracy.
Who can travel visa free to Georgia: Full list
- Find a place to live: One of the most important decisions you will make is where to live in Georgia. Consider your budget, lifestyle, and family needs when choosing a neighborhood and type of housing. ExpatHaus can help you find a suitable place to live in Georgia, whether you are looking for a furnished apartment, a rental house, or a long-term lease.
Check out our real estate services
- Open a bank account: You will need to open a bank account in Georgia in order to receive your salary and pay bills. ExpatHaus can help you open a bank account and set up a money transfer plan.
- Ship your belongings: If you are moving to Georgia with a lot of belongings, you will need to arrange for shipping. ExpatHaus can help you find a reliable shipping company and coordinate the shipping process.
- Register with the authorities: All expats must register with the Georgian authorities upon arrival. ExpatHaus can help you with the registration process and ensure that you are in compliance with all Georgian immigration laws.
- Get a local SIM card: A local SIM card will allow you to make and receive phone calls and use mobile data in Georgia. ExpatHaus can help you purchase a local SIM card and set up your mobile phone service.
- Set up utilities: You will need to set up utilities such as electricity, gas, and water in your new home. ExpatHaus can help you with the setup process and ensure that you are getting the best rates.
- Enroll your children in school: If you have children, you will need to enroll them in school. ExpatHaus can help you find a suitable school for your children and navigate the Georgian education system.
- Learn Georgian: Learning Georgian will help you integrate into the Georgian community and make your life in Georgia easier. ExpatHaus can provide you with language courses and resources to help you learn Georgian.
- Find a job: If you are moving to Georgia for work, you will need to find a job. ExpatHaus can help you find job openings and prepare for job interviews.
- Get involved in the community: There are many ways to get involved in the Georgian community. ExpatHaus can help you find social groups and activities that interest you.
We offers a wide range of services to help expats relocate to and settle in Georgia. These services include:
- Visa assistance
- Housing assistance
- Bank account setup
- Shipping and relocation assistance
- Registration with the authorities
- Mobile phone service setup
- Utilities setup
- School enrollment assistance
- Language courses
- Job search assistance
- Community involvement assistance
We are committed to helping expats have a successful and enjoyable relocation to Georgia. Contact ExpatHaus today to learn more about our services and how we can help you make your move to Georgia as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Relocation to a new country can be a complex and challenging process, but it does not have to be. ExpatHaus is here to help you every step of the way, from pre-departure planning to settling in in your new home. With our assistance, you can be confident that your relocation to Georgia will be a success.